to milkshake!

01. welcome

please register in lowercase letters in a firstname lastname format. avatars are 250x400

set in sydney, australia, milkshake! is a fresh and friendly real life rp that encourages wild and free rping and diversity! we're accepting of all players and characters from any background (treat others how you wish to be treated in return). You won't be judged for your plots, no matter how dark and messy they are or how cute and fluffy you want them to be c: come join us where you can just write!

your BAMFmin

02. staff taem

what's new? -

03. updates

6 feb sign your characters up for a night of awkwardness, organ stealing or true love! blind dating is open now

31 december 2017 is almost over and we'd just love to say thank you for giving us such a phenomenal time on milkshake! our family grows steadily and the plots get thicker - make sure you have a fun and safe new year's eve and we will see you all in 2018!

26 november activity check ends midnight december 3! click here!

november things are -sort of- back to normal after our fun halloween adventures! welcome to all our beautiful new members, we are having so much fun writing with you!

Shocktober! welcome to the spookiest of the months and milkshake meatshake's second halloween! We've got a bunch of fun spooky things for you to play with including post bingo, a pumpkin hunt and some games! get into the spirit and come up with a creepy name for your character and submit your favourite halloween songs for our playlist! All the details are right here, ghoulfriends!

28 august: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAX YOU'RE THE LIGHT OF OUR LIVES AND THE MOST AMAZING PERSON, MILKSHAKE LOVES YOU <333

23 august: a year ago today, zero came out of hiding and stopped stalking milkshake - she finally joined us! because max missed zero's bday this year, the second best date to celebrate zero's existence is the day she came into our lives! enjoy our shineeshake games!

14 august: today we're flipping out a quick little activity check! please read all the details here!

1 august: happy earth day nova milkshake! happy engagement zero!

1 june: ayo ladies & gentlemen, this is milkshake's one year anniversary! it's a massive milestone for a number of reasons, but most importantly it's very symbolic of the friendship and totally insane plots we have come up with over the last twelve months. thank you to everyone who has brought their sunshine and light to milkshake and jumped into all our adventures with us! we love you so much ♥

23 april HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZERO!!!! today our lil peppa was born and this gross world became so much brighter <33 have an amazing day beautiful, and know that we all love you!! <3

20 march come play our first monthly post bingo! lasting until the end of april!

11 march this month's of the whenevers are up! congratulations all our wonderful players c: you're the best!

1 march we are eight months old! thank you for everyone who has kept milkshake the amazing, friendly, safe place it is <3

21 Feb. nominate the OTMs which should be renamed the of the whenevers

1 Jan. Happy new year babies!

17 Dec. merry christmas friends! christmas is just next week so we're not going to do a MASSIVE event but there's still some fun things to do and don't forget to complete the activity check
09 Nov. Things are still a little spooky around here, but we're back to our regular milkshake flavour! Check out the latest announcement for some new things! Stay amazing, friends!

Oct. HALLOWEEN Things are getting pretty spooky around milkshake! MEATSHAKE! Stay tuned for mini events and games being progressively released in the lead up to our spookiest holiday!
28 Sept. HAPPY JAAN DAY! today we celebrate the day that jaan was born, just a few moons ago! thank you for being born, jaan, thank you for being on this planet with us and thank you for being our amazing lovebug who will only ever cheer us on and never hold us back. This day is for YOU, baby!!
01 Sept it's spring!
12 Aug. new skin! let us know if something is wanky!

please welcome jaan as our very first mod! thank you for stepping up to help us out <3

new poll

» I'm better sleeping on my own, rad & oliver
oliver hyde
 Posted: Sep 18 2017, 11:37 AM
24 years old
waiter
single
his camera
penrith
red is Online
25 posts
cookies 'n cream
impecunious
oliver hyde

the day had gone normally. oliver woke up way too early, so he could rush thomas to daycare and get to work on time. work had gone normally, the regulars had been nice and only a few assholes had decided to come into the small restaurant. one of thomas' friends had graciously decided to invite him over for a sleepover, so oliver was walking with a small skip in his step as he took his time getting back to his small apartment in one of the worst parts of sydney. it was all a normal day. then he saw a mop of blonde hair that crowned a body he didn't ever expect to see again.

oliver and rad had a history, and oliver tried to not think very much about his history. their relationship was short, but not so sweet. oliver never really liked rad. he wanted a way to rebel, and rad was the best option his 19-year-old mind could come up with. so only a few months after their breakup, oliver had almost forgotten about rad. he had basically forgotten his existence when thomas was dropped on oliver's doorstep. so oliver was surprised when a figure in the distant looked exactly like his old boyfriend.

oliver froze, he didn't know what to do. should he go over and greet his former lover? would it be rude to ignore him? oliver remembered the first time he had seen rad again since their breakup, with that interaction being short. they had said they would meetup at some point, but any plans they had tried to get had fallen through. before he could convince himself to rush away with his head down, oliver walked towards the man he hadn't seen in a year.

"radley! hey, it's been a minute."

pm
^
radley im
 Posted: Sep 18 2017, 02:20 PM
22 years old
nothing atm
single
moon goddess
bondi
119 posts
bubblegum yum
The Empath
radley im

i thought i heard you call out for more // oliver hyde
Radley had only been around Penrith because he was catching up with a friend. Other than that his life had never took him around that area. Formally he had lived in chinatown, just above the little restaurant that he used to work for. And then he disappeared for a month. His boss couldn’t keep his job for him open, and Rad didn’t want to live alone. He hadn’t meant to just not show for a month, what had happened was he was taken and kept in a cold concrete room. It was something he was still having a hard time getting over.

Sense then he moved to Bondi with his cousin and managed to get some kind of normal life. And when he wasn’t in the beach house, he was with Corey. Of course his actor boy friend was nothing if not over the top. It was something he liked about Corey. From the other’s gold lambo to his insured hair. There was no reason for Radley to find any of the endearing but it was all just so Corey he couldn’t help it.

Still he had some friends thought his circle was small. He remembered most people he had longer interactions with. Normally he wouldn’t just walk alone, he didn’t like it. The encounter from january had him paranoid but he was trying to be better so he had stubbornly decided he would, also because his bike was in the shop again. The call of someone behind him made Rad flinch, and stop. He hadn’t used to be jumpy. Someone who actively seeked things that went bump in the night had given him a pretty good resolve before.

Now he jumped when people shouted, but he didn’t cower, instead his hand curled around the crystal in his pocket. It would be okay. He turned to see who had called out his name, and blinked when he realized it was Oliver. Slowly the recognition washed over him and he smiled softly, distantly. ”Oli hey. It had been a bit.” Laughing gently as he waited for the older man to be next to him. ”What’s up you live around here?” The talk was shallow, just small talk, but he didn’t have bad memories of Oliver, he was a good guy but they both had just been so disconnected in their relationship that it just never got anywhere and eventually fell apart.

pm
^
oliver hyde
 Posted: Sep 24 2017, 11:45 AM
24 years old
waiter
single
his camera
penrith
red is Online
25 posts
cookies 'n cream
impecunious
oliver hyde

Oliver had been living in Penrith for a couple of years. he'd moved out of his former roommates' place once he was able to land a somewhat well-paying and stable job, as well as an actual place for him and Thomas to live. he'd like living with his roommates, but it had always been a little weird for him and two of his high school friends to be living together and raising a child. so he moved to a small place in Penrith with barely enough room to fit two people, especially with one of them being a rambunctious child, but he made it work.

"Nothing much." That was true he wasn't doing much. He went through the motions and got excited when he saw a deal at a grocery store. His life had become bland and monotone since he had a kid. he was becoming a stereotypical mother, and a little part of him hated it. He loved Thomas, but he wished he could back to the days where he was somewhere new every weekend with his dad to find some new artifact.

"I've been living here for awhile, about two years. I couldn't pass on the low-rent" Oliver chuckled slightly. Even though he meant as a sort-of-kind-of joke, it was very true. He'd been low on money for the last five years and never missed a chance to score a deal. "do you live close by?" he felt kind of nervous asking that. would it be weird that two hadn't seen each other more? would rad think he was avoiding him? he scratched neck, something he did whenever he got anxious.

pm
^
radley im
 Posted: Sep 28 2017, 06:46 PM
22 years old
nothing atm
single
moon goddess
bondi
119 posts
bubblegum yum
The Empath
radley im

It was like he and Oliver had a similar descent. Not that Radley knew many details. Oli was the kind of kid that honestly seemed to like the world that they grew up in. Like the things and didn’t have a second thought about losing it. Though he did have something of a rebellious streak and that was what had led him to Radley. But it was such a dipping a toe in the water sort of choice. Their parents had known each other after all. His parents didn’t care if he liked men so long as it was someone who had money and expensive taste. And now Rad was here, he honestly had found someone who was wealthy, his mother would adore Corey, but they had cast him out because of the things he liked.

But why was Oliver in Penrith?

The last time he had seen the guy it was short, Rad’s bike had broken down and thankfully Oli was there to help. It wasn’t like they got to talk, Rad just awkwardly explained that his bike wouldn’t kick over and that he was delivering Chinese then. That was then and now he was in a totally different place, but he had no idea if Oliver had much different in his life, but being in Penrith was not where he expected to see his ex.

”Oh.” He said carefully offering a small smile. ”The low… “ His sentence cut off not knowing how to ask what was one his mind. Radley knew how he felt about his parents, about how he was cut off but he didn’t know anything about Oliver’s situation honestly he had through everything was the same for his ex, now he felt bad for that assumption.

”Uh.” Scratching the back of his neck now, his newly blonde hair brushing at his hand. ”I live in Bondi now, with my cousin.”” It was a really nice house, Kit could afford it, Rad had just been happy to have somewhere away from the Chinatown apartment, somewhere he was not alone. ”Um so, how did you end up...here?” Rad carefully asked then glancing at the other with careful dark eyes.

pm
^
oliver hyde
 Posted: Oct 1 2017, 01:21 PM
24 years old
waiter
single
his camera
penrith
red is Online
25 posts
cookies 'n cream
impecunious
oliver hyde

it was kind of surprising how similar oli and rad were. they both came from similar backgrounds, eventually becoming outcasts (even if by completely different ways). While they were dating, oli had been drawn to rad's rebellion against the norm and wanted to emulate that. even though he failed miserably and the cause of him being disown had little to do with anything he could control (except choosing he slept with more precisely), oli still felt like he was somewhat of a rebel. especially since he had strayed far from his intended path.

oli chuckled a little bit. how had he got here? everything was going fine. he'd been in university readying himself to start work in his father's company, get a nice job and then be handed the spot of CEO by the time he was 30. all his life he'd been guaranteed a luxurious life, but one night made it all get royally fucked up. now he felt bad whenever he thought of that day badly. While it had messed up his life, it had also given one of the best people in his life, Thomas. he didn't regret getting Thomas, he was just curious how his life would be different if he hadn't been left with the responsibility of a baby.

Oliver took a short intake of breath. he ran his hands through his chocolate locks while his other hand mindlessly fiddled with the plastic bag straining his hand. "haha...that's a bit of a long story, involving way too much alcohol, a girl, and a baby." oli wasn't too eager to tell rad about his journey since their breakup. even though they'd once been close to one another, they had both drastically changed since they were teenagers. oli didn't tell many people about his past unless they already knew about it. so he wasn't completely confident in telling someone who he had seen in a year and maybe wouldn't ever see again. unless the unknown length of their interaction would make sense for oli to dump all of his out on him. like a therapist. but it seemed weird to make rad have to deal with all of his problems just because they ran into one another.

pm
^
radley im
 Posted: Oct 18 2017, 01:28 AM
22 years old
nothing atm
single
moon goddess
bondi
119 posts
bubblegum yum
The Empath
radley im

Life was funny with the patterns it seemed to bring up. Radley always seemed to attract people who did in fact need him in one way or another even if it wasn’t obvious. For all his rebel rebel ways the guy was soft and he was kind. Though Rad had little tolerance for people who weren’t tolerant of him first. While it was a very short and shallow reason why they come together for the moment they had, thought it was funny that their lives seemed to travel a similar path without being at all the same.

Eyes soft as he looked over at his ex, genuinely interested to hear where Oliver’s life was now. He could tell something had changed. At it’s base Oliver’s aura was the same but it had something new swirling about it. Something that Rad couldn’t pin point but he was thrilled to see it because it was that sort of audition that he always wished to see in people, positive growth. Something opposite that he knew had happened to his own.

The other seemed to build himself for what he was about to say. Rad bit the inside of his lip getting a twinge of nerves. It was something he was feeling from Oli. Rad was always empathetic, that was something that just amplified after he had been kidnapped. It was easier to feel and react to toher’s feelings than give into his own. Focus on their problems because their problems weren’t so terrifying.

He pause for a moment at the answer then. ”Hmm?” Humming as he didn’t quite make eye contact. ”In that order? Oliver?” Rad then said full of more questions. Of course he could make his own guesses but he didn’t like just assuming things. He knew feelings he could tell that his ex was still nervous but then there was a kind of undertone of pride. But feelings weren’t actual answers. ”I mean I have time for a long story if you do.”

pm
^
oliver hyde
 Posted: Nov 9 2017, 10:42 PM
24 years old
waiter
single
his camera
penrith
red is Online
25 posts
cookies 'n cream
impecunious
oliver hyde

"basically i knocked this girl up at some party when i was..." oli paused for a moment doing the math in his head. even at a young age math hadn't been his strong suit. "nineteen? but don't worry, it was after our little... fling? if that's what it was? i'm loyal." he cocked a smirk, looking back at rad.

"she dropped a baby at my dorm a few months later, and i haven't seen her since." he looked down and his smirk faded, afraid to face rad. really afraid to face anyone. he always felt guilty for not trying to find her. he barely remembered her face and never knew her name. whenever thomas brought up his mother, he was at a lost for words. sometimes he would make up a story, but hated lying to his child, so he usually just said i don't know or changed the subject. he would never know how thomas felt or how to help, and that was the most painful part.

"so now there is a beautiful 5-year-old with a lovely and patient babysitter at my apartment, a few blocks from here. he's great. but probably the most bittersweet thing in my life." oli didn't understand why he could be so open with rad. the other man just felt so comfortable, like he was talking to an old friend (which in essence that was what rad was). it also felt like he could say whatever he wanted, without any repercussions. he probably wouldn't have to see rad often, and he hoped rad wouldn't go gossiping about him to anyone else.

pm
^
radley im
 Posted: Dec 1 2017, 02:18 PM
22 years old
nothing atm
single
moon goddess
bondi
119 posts
bubblegum yum
The Empath
radley im

Oli was quick just to get into what had happened. Rad’s eyebrows rose with surprise. Granted he had heard of this thing happening all the time but he didn’t know anyone that had it happen to. So much made sense now, he had known his ex’s parents. They were a lot like his, about their reputation. His mouth turned down in a soft frown, it was upsetting that they both had ended up in a similar situation, though Rad wouldn’t dare compare what he was doing to fatherhood.

He managed to give a smile back, not a very strong one, but at least something of a smile. ”Oh I wasn’t worried about that, but thanks.” What he and Oliver had was a relationship in the most shallow of terms. There was nothing wrong with Oliver, he had liked him enough but if left on their own there was a good chance that the two would have never known each other past their first names, and that was only because their families ran in the same circles.

”Oh what? Why would she just?” Brows furrowed. Rad was someone who had never known his father, and some days he wondered if it was something like that. And other days he wondered if it simply came down to the fact that his mother had just never let his dad know that he existed. ”I’m sorry, like not for your baby but that she would just not want to be there for them.”

Radley reached out feeling that mix of emotions coming off the other man. ”Look you are doing you best for your son I’m sure.” Oliver had always been a good person, if only the victim of some privilege when they were young just because of his background. Though obviously now he was doing everything for himself, and his son and Rad didn’t actually know how all of that was like but he knew how just living on his own after being cut out was like. ”I’ll have to meet the little guy sometimes, yeah?”

I'm sorry this took me so long!
pm
^
oliver hyde
 Posted: Dec 15 2017, 04:27 PM
24 years old
waiter
single
his camera
penrith
red is Online
25 posts
cookies 'n cream
impecunious
oliver hyde

oliver wasn't one for secrets. he wouldn't go around telling everything single fact about him, but he wasn't one for lying. he doesn't want to thomas to think lying was a good thing, so he attempted to lead by example. plus, since he started raising thomas and left his family, he's been more honest and open about himself and his life. while before he was focused on keeping up a reputation, oliver doesn't have to worry about anything anymore. he doesn't care if someone doesn't like him or his life, he'll just keep moving.

"i'm not really sure to be honest. she just kind of dropped him there." the sight of a crying baby on his doorstep was engrained in oliver's mind. once oliver got his first memory of thomas in his head, it was always hard to for him to get it out of mind. no matter how many times he thought of that night, he always had the same questions. who was she? even more important, where was she? why would she leave her son? "even if i wanted to see her I have no idea where or even who she is."

oliver smiled at rad's offer "that would be great, i'm sure he'd love to meet you." thomas always loved meeting oliver's friends, no matter who they were. the five-year-old didn't really care who he met just as long as they were nice and listened to his ramblings. "i don't think he's never really met anyone like you." he didn't mean offense, oliver was not sure how rad would react to his son. thomas was still innocent to the world, and oliver tried to keep him hidden from people he wasn't sure would be nice to the child. oliver liked to think he was a relaxed parent, but there was still part of that wanted to protect thomas from anything that could be conceived as bad for his son.

pm
^
radley im
 Posted: Dec 27 2017, 01:04 PM
22 years old
nothing atm
single
moon goddess
bondi
119 posts
bubblegum yum
The Empath
radley im

Rad let the disappointment show on his face, obviously not for Oliver, the other man had done what he needed to. Or at least it looked that way. The fact was he knew a little about how it was to be a kid who felt like maybe a parent didn’t want them. Radley didn’t know about his father, his mother never spoke of the man, so he just assumed it was something he didn’t need to know about. Though you wonder. All those why’s the need for some sort of closer. Likely it wouldn’t be the best to even know anything, why else would his mom be so tight lipped? Radley just didn’t have the best relationship with his family, but he didn’t think his mother was completely heartless.

Though the next bit of information was interesting. ”You don't know who?” Eyes looking over to Oliver. He quirked a smile. This wasn’t really a joke, there was a small human life that was attached to all this. Still he had only known a very specific side to Oliver, a younger version of the guy. Neither of them had kids even close to their mind. They were young and rebellious.

It felt nice that Oliver would trust Rad around his kid, it made his smile soften. The truth was that Radley wasn’t the same as he had been back when he was with Oliver, he wasn’t even the same person as he had been from the beginning of the year. He felt lost, but also very reliant on all the pieces that everyone else said he was. Witchy boy, soft and kind. There had always been more to him than that. Strong willed despite his kindness, Empathy through a fighter. It was those dualities he had lost, the parts that clashed but also held him together.

Rad couldn’t help the small laugh. ”I would be surprised if he had.” He knew Oli better than to think it was a cruel statement. ”Though maybe i might have had some influence there if you did hang around people like me.” A little joke as he playfully learned to bump shoulders with the other boy. ”Do you remember that tea I told you about sense you always seemed to get over stressed for exams and had trouble sleeping?” A simple memory that really wasn’t important but lately Rad had been looking into the ways that people remembered him. Possibly a desperate attempt to figure out why he had been through what he had.

If i need to change anything let me know <3
pm
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options
new poll